Saturday, June 18, 2011

LETTER TO ‘’MHESHIMIWA’’

Would you please explain, ‘’bwana mheshimiwa’’ why you have to disrupt my busy schedule by making me wait in traffic just because you want to beat traffic to be in time for a luncheon which my taxes pay for, when in actual sense, you should be the one held up, you should be the one giving me way to go exhaust my intelligence so that you could have your daily bread. Hell I do more for my fellow citizens than you do, you should be the one calling me MHESHIMIWA, you should be consulting with me first about developments for your people before you assign your goons to survey a piece of land for you to satisfy your own interests .I think, no I’m certain that you do not even remember three quarters of the things you preach when you are gunning for votes, envisioning the comfort you have when sited back left in my car, yes my car, because my money purchased it. You deserve a gate away, yes a gate away, only that this time, you won’t have the satisfaction of having a return ticket. I cast my vote to give you employment, ain’t it funny how I get turned away at your headquarters when I come seeking for employment. Come to think of it I should be the one sited on the boss’s luxurious leather sit while you go and tarmac for ideas that would develop my environment, I should be the one issuing out assignments for projects that will help create a comfortable life for my people, You should be the one having sleepless nights clouded with thoughts of the people you work for,
‘’did mama nani’s daughter go to school today?’’
‘’are the hospital equipments working? Are my people getting the medical attention they deserve?”
‘’are the students being taught in schools?”
It is sad that you have not realized that you have driven me to the edge. It is said that patience pays, but with you it PAINS.I am tired of being between a rock and a hard place. And so I have decided to push back with all that I have.
It is a NEW DAY, it is a new ERA.
See, I have a notion,
With the best intentions
So hold my hand fellow citizens and help me make our lives worth living.
‘’bwana mheshimiwa,’’ GOOD RIDDANCE, not to bad rubbish but to unwanted hypocrisy.
©Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment