Tuesday, April 5, 2011

BE TRUE TO MYSELF


Today I stood in front of my mirror
This mirror which I dread
Because I feel it looks right through me
And it scares me because I hide behind this persona
A trait that drives me to the edge
My alter ego

My image is trying to reach out for me
Trying as much as it can to be its old self
It does not desire to be the image anymore
I can do bad all by myself, It screams
I do not need anyone to tell me how to live my life
I need to put up a light in this dark hole I have put myself into

I need to break free from these chains
I am tired of these frowns; they only add wrinkles to my face
See I am worn out with all the sermons about who I used to be
You can do all yourselves a favor and stay out of my business
You do you and I am definitely going to do me
I cannot let you hold me down
You cannot hold a strong woman down
I can only be true to myself.

© Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment